What Personal Information About Users Do We Collect? Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to personalize and improve our service. We collect the following types of information from our users:
A. Information You Provide to Us:
o We may receive and store any information you enter on our websites or provide to us in any other way, such as your name, email address, and other information you provide. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features, such as posting comments to our websites, creating a user profile or receiving email alerts. The personal information you provide is used for such purposes as responding to your requests for certain products and services customizing the advertising content you see and communicating with you.
o Registration: In order for you to use certain parts of our websites or take advantage of certain 10 or less services, you may be required to complete a registration form and provide the requested information about you.
o You post information at your own risk. Although we allow you to set privacy options that limit access to your pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your pages and information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on the website will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of your information may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored your information.
o Email Alerts: In order to receive an email alert every time a new story is posted on one of our websites, you are required to submit your email address.
B. Automatic Information:
o We may receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. 10orless may automatically receive and record certain "traffic data" on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, 10orless cookie information, the page you requested, and your communications and interaction with our other website registrants. 10 or less uses this traffic data to, among other things, help diagnose problems with its server, analyze trends and administer our websites.
o Generally, our service may automatically collect usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our websites and its components. This data is only used in the aggregate, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of collective data enables us to figure out how often users use parts of our websites, so we can make our websites appealing to as many users as possible. In addition, we may provide statistical information to our partners about how our users, collectively, use our websites. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use their areas and our websites, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal Web experience. We also may collect and use information for internal purposes.
C. Information from Other Sources:
For purposes such as improving personalization of our service, we may receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. For our 10 or less brand services, this may include details of the purchases (and any associated returns) you make at retailers where you were referred by us (excluding any credit card information).
What about Cookies?
· Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we may transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. 10 or less cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or email address is.
Will 10 or less Share any of the Information it receives?
We neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone. We share your personal information only as provided herein or with your consent, to the entities that are controlled by 10 or less or to the entities described below:
· Affiliated Business We Do Not Control: We are affiliated with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. Under certain circumstances these businesses operate within our websites or sell items to you within our services; in other situations, we provide services or sell products jointly with affiliated businesses and other business partners. You can easily recognize when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction. We will only share personal information that is related to such transactions or is necessary for the affiliate or business partner to complete the transaction.
· Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Examples include sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, and providing customer service. We may also provide your personal information to agents who will use it to verify aggregate usage data that we provide to our partners. You hereby consent to our sharing of your personal information for all the above purposes.
· Promotional Offers: We may send offers to certain users on behalf of other businesses. However, when we do so, we do not give the other business your name and address. If you do not wish to receive these offers, please notify us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets or business. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if 10 or less, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, customer information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party.
· Communication About the Website or in Response to Your Requests: As part of the Website and our services, you will receive email and other communication relating to your use of the Website or your user account. You acknowledge and agree that by posting information on the Website or otherwise using the Website, we and our agents may send you email, contact you or engage in other communication that they determine in their sole discretion relate to your profile or use of the Website. We may use a user’s email address (or telephone number for text and multimedia messaging) to send updates, a newsletter or other news regarding the Website or our services.
· With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your personal information may be shared with third parties.
Is Information About Me Secure?
· If you choose to create one, your 10orless.com account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to work to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
· We endeavour to protect user information to ensure that the user account information is kept private; however, we cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failures, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
· 10 or less employees who do not need personal information to perform a specific job will not be granted access to such information. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
What Information Can I Access? You can access your personal information on our websites and correct, amend, or delete information that is inaccurate. To do this, login to your account and click "edit account" to view and edit your profile. Please note that some information may remain in our records after editing or deleting your account information.
What Choices Do I Have?
· As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our websites.
· You are able to add or update certain information on pages; however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
· You may request deletion of your 10orless.com account by sending a message to email@example.com. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
· As explained earlier, the "help" portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our features and services.
Questions or Concerns If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy at the 10orless.com website, please send a detailed message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your privacy is important to us and we will make every effort to resolve your concerns.